SAS Consultants Forum
For those of you who are SAS Consultants and are looking to connect with other SAS Consultants, consider joining the SASConsulting.google.com group. Alan Churchill of Savian (www.savian.net) and I decided to start this group about six months ago. We wanted to have a forum where people could openly discuss issues that pertain to the business of SAS Consulting. These issues include dealing with SAS Institute and getting feedback on making business decisions that impact your own business.
SASConsulting.google.com is a moderated group and you need to request membership to view and post to this group. I just checked the membership numbers and we have 129 members as of 12/31/2006. Please note, there are membership restrictions. First, if you work for SAS Institute, you will not able to join our group. Second, we ask that you be a practicing SAS Consultant and that you use your real/full name (and not an alias) when joining.
Predictions for 2007
So, without further ado, here are my “SAS and SAS Consulting Predictions for 2007.”
1. SAS will increase license fees again. DOH!!
2. Shipments of the next release of SAS will fall behind schedule and cause SAS programmers to miss an early upgrade to Vista in the 2007 time frame.
3. SAS Consulting rates will hold steady or perhaps decline in 2007.
4. Pricing pressure on younger less experienced (and less networked) consultants will be the impetus to take “real” jobs that are salary based.
5. As H1B visas and immigration reform legislation from the new Democrat controlled congress are passed, companies will begin to reevaluate their outsourcing positions (this is in combination with #4 above.)
Any one care to add to the list?